To be able to use the Copy Trading feature on Kraken you need to have funds in your Kraken Futures account. To know if you are eligible for using Kraken Futures you can check this page.
Below are the steps to transfer funds to your Multi-Collateral Wallet using the Kraken Pro UI. If you are using the Classic UI (futures.kraken.com) to transfer funds make sure to send funds to your Multi-Collateral wallet. The document assumes you have a verified Kraken account and also have funds in your Kraken spot account. The spot account is your “default” funding account you use when depositing cryptocurrency to Kraken or when purchasing crypto with a card.
All transfers between the futures account and the spot account are free. You can check this page to view the transfer minimums.
To be able to use the Copy Trading feature your Futures account must have enough balance which will act as collateral for the trading. The cryptocurrency you fund on your Futures account does not have to match the trading pairs, but do note that some cryptocurrencies will have a haircut, see this page for more information.
Here are the steps to fund your Futures account with funds from your Kraken Spot account.
- Open the Kraken Pro website.
- Go to the Portfolio tab and click on Futures.
- Click on the “Futures transfer” button.
- Choose the currency you wish to transfer from your Spot wallet to your Futures wallet. You can repeat the steps to transfer more currencies, they will all add up to the total value of your Futures account.
- Click on “Preview transfer” to review the transfer and then click “Confirm transfer”.
- Your transfer will be submitted and processed after a few seconds.